KINSTON, Lenoir County - A man who was wanted in connection with a shooting at Carver Courts on Saturday, October 14, has now been arrested and charged with attempted murder.
On Thursday, October 19, members from the US Marshal Service Violent Fugitive Task Force located and arrested Jahnari Tyrek Wade, in Raleigh, North Carolina. He was placed in the Wake County Detention Center under no bond.
On Monday, October 16, warrants were issued for the 18-year-old Kinston native for his involvement in the shooting at Carver Courts, which took place on Saturday, October 14. He is now being charged with the following:
- Attempted Murder (6 counts)
- Assault With a Deadly Weapon With Intent to Kill or Seriously Injure (1 count)
- Assault With a Deadly Weapon With Intent to Kill (5 counts)
- Assault by Pointing a Gun (6 counts)
If anyone has information on this incident, officials ask that they call the Kinston Police Department at 252-939-3160, the TIPS LINE at 252-939-4020 or Lenoir County Crime Stoppers at 252-523-4444.
- USO of Jacksonville gets enough donations just in time for Thanksgiving
- Beaulaville family struggles with company about fixing heating system
- Girl Scouts say don't make your daughter hug people this holiday
- Havelock's Boys & Girls Club getting holiday makeover
- 'Be a Santa to a Senior' program brings cheer to New Bern seniors