KINSTON, Lenoir County - The season of giving doesn't leave out NBA players so Brandon Ingram of the Los Angeles Lakers is getting in on the action.
Ingram wasn't able to make it to Kinston, so his father, Donald, donated a check for $10,000 to Mary's Kitchen and Friends of the Homeless.
"It lets me work with ease and rest with ease knowing that the doors are still open and the lights are on," says Jasper Newborn, the shelter director.
The shelter relies on donations and this isn't the first time Ingram has given to them. Last year he helped fund a brand new shower.
The Ingram family says they look forward to continue working with the shelter.
- Organization pays holiday travel expenses for Purple Heart recipients
- Greenville Police distribute 100 meals to needy families in area
- Rape suspect arrested after two months on the run
- Missing dog creates quite the scramble in Carteret County
- 500-acre prescribed burn planned for Croatan National Forest