JACKSONVILLE, Onslow County - In Onslow County local deputies arrested a Jacksonville man for sexually abusing a minor.
Thomas Benefield, 51, was arrested on Thursday and charged with felony indecent liberties with a child, misdemeanor sexual battery and misdemeanor contributing to the delinquency of a juvenile.
The sheriff's office was contacted by the Department of Social Services regarding a potential child sexual abuse.
At last check, Benefield was being held in the Onslow County Detention Center under a $20,000 secured bond.
- USO of Jacksonville gets enough donations just in time for Thanksgiving
- Beaulaville family struggles with company about fixing heating system
- Girl Scouts say don't make your daughter hug people this holiday
- Havelock's Boys & Girls Club getting holiday makeover
- 'Be a Santa to a Senior' program brings cheer to New Bern seniors