SWAN QUARTER, Hyde County - A series of meeting in Hyde County on the opioid crisis kicks off Wednesday night.
The five community meetings are designed to "educate citizens on the signs and symptoms of opioid abuse, to share information on current treatment resources available and to gather input from our citizens in regard to this fight." All meetings begin at 6 p.m.
Hyde County will be creating a website to serve as a resource for those who want to find out more information or get help with an addiction.
Wednesday, September 20: Engelhard Volunteer Fire Department, 27824 US Hwy 264, Englehard
Monday, September 25: Hyde County Government Center, 30 Oyster Creek Rd, Swan Quarter
Thursday, October 5: Fairfield Volunteer Fire Department, 6880 US Hwy 94, Fairfield
Tuesday, October 10: Ponzer Community Building, 39111 US Hwy 264, Belhaven
Thursday, October 19: Ocracoke Community Center, 999 Irvin Garrish Hwy, Ocracoke
- Rare stem cell procedure performed to help local dog with kidney disease
- New Bern Board of Aldermen release new master parking plan
- Restaurants open on Thanksgiving
- Two Onslow County organizations partner to provide Thanksgiving meals
- Gingerbread houses for contest on display in downtown New Bern shops