SWAN QUARTER, Hyde County - Leaders in Hyde County are taking steps to battle the drug problem there.
A series of five substance abuse community meetings will be held starting Sept. 20 to discuss the problem and how to solve it. The meetings will be held each night at 6 p.m. The schedule is ...
Wednesday, September 20
Engelhard Volunteer Fire Department, US Hwy 264, Engelhard
Monday, September 25
Hyde County Government Center, 30 Oyster Creek Rd, Swan Quarter
Thursday, October 5
Fairfield Volunteer Fire Department, 6880 US Hwy 94, Fairfield
Tuesday, October 10
Ponzer Community Building, 39111 US Hwy 264, Belhaven
Thursday, October 19
Ocracoke Community Center, 999 Irvin Garrish Hwy, Ocracoke
The meetings were scheduled after Hyde County Commissioners and other leaders met to discuss the issue. A Leadership Forum was held on July 13 where local elected leaders, substance abuse agencies, staff and other stakeholders discussed the opioid epidemic. The idea was to develop strategies that would enhance prevention, education and treatment.
- Black Friday shoppers find crowds lighter than last year
- New Bern woman thankful for gift of kidney from husband
- Updated Neighbor pulls victim from house fire in New Bern
- Kinston Police announce arrest of third suspect in 2014 murder case
- Updated Beary Merry Christmas kicks off the holiday season in New Bern