SWAN QUARTER, Hyde County - David Mills has been named by the Division Of Adult Correction and Juvenile Justice as the new superintendent at Hyde Correctional Institution in Swan Quarter.
Mills is a native of Jacksonville and a graduate of Craven Community College. He is also a veteran of the U.S. Coast Guard and U.S. Coast Guard Reserve. He is a 19-year corrections veteran who most recently served as assistant superintendent for custody and operations at Bertie Correctional Institution. Mills began his career as a correctional officer at Pamlico Correctional Institution in 1998 and worked there for most of his career, advancing to the rank of captain.
Hyde Correctional Institution is a medium-custody prison housing approximately 570 male inmates. It employs a staff of 220 employees and an operates on an annual budget of $17.5 million.
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County
- Freemont woman charged after breaking & entering incident