NEW BERN, Craven County - Heavy rains falling in northern Pitt County and most of Martin County were creating some high-water issues around those areas.
The National Weather Service reports at least three incidents where flooding was taking place. A call came in to the NWS about multiple reports of water covering roadways around Jamesville, including parts of Hwy. 171. There was also a report of at least a foot of water covering parts of Hwy. 903.
The storms were expected to leave the area in the next hour and are part of another system that's expected to bring showers in the area again over the next day. A flash flood warning continues for the area -- including Bethel, Robersonville and Williamston, until at least 10:45 p.m.
- Home invasion leads to struggle, suspect shot at early Friday
- Updated Camp Lejeune job fair teaches students about careers in STEM
- Kinston man arrested and charged with six counts of attempted murder
- Department of Public Safety increases prison safety measures after fatal incident in Pasquotank
- Body of missing former Jacksonville PD officer found, woman arrested