BENSON, N.C. - Prison emergency response teams and local law enforcement have apprehended a fugitive who escaped Greene County Correctional Institution.
Daroyl Lynn Little Jr., 23, was taken into custody around 10:30 a.m. The minimum custody inmate was serving a sentence for habitual felony breaking and entering. His projected release date was November 2018.
At approximately 1:30 a.m. Wednesday morning, Benson officers responded to an unkown disturbance at a home along Benton and Whittington streets at the Raymond Sanders Apartment complex in the town limits.
Upon arrival, officers were unable to locate the disturbance. A second unknown disturbance call came in around 5:30 a.m. in the vicinity of apartment 530 in the same location at Raymond Sanders Apartments.
Officers found two individuals that were in a dispute and spoke with a black male who provided them with false identification. The man was belligerent with officers, prompting them to detain him. However, he escaped custody during the detainment procedure.
The man was later identified as Daroyl Lynn Little Jr. After discovering his real name, officers learned that Little was shown as incarcerated at Greene County Correctional in Maury, North Carolina.
During the search, both Benson Middle and Benson Elementary were notified of the situation and officers were stationed at those locations.
- Updated Home invasion leads to struggle, suspect shot at early Friday
- Updated Camp Lejeune job fair teaches students about careers in STEM
- Kinston man arrested and charged with six counts of attempted murder
- Department of Public Safety increases prison safety measures after fatal incident in Pasquotank
- Body of missing former Jacksonville PD officer found, woman arrested