HOOKERTON, Greene County - A 59-year-old man accused of breaking into the Family Dollar in Hookerton is under arrest, authorities say.
Greene County Sheriff Lemmie Smith said deputies responded to a breaking and entering call at approximately 3 a.m. on Tuesday, finding a front window broken and lighters missing from the store.
Video surveillance led deputies to arrest Snow Hill resident Herman Ham. He was charged with felony breaking and entering, felony larceny and possession of stolen goods. He was booked into the Greene County Jail on a $30,000 secured bond and will appear in court of Aug. 25.
- Updated Organization pays holiday travel expenses for Purple Heart recipients
- Updated Greenville Police distribute 100 meals to needy families in area
- Rape suspect arrested after two months on the run
- 500-acre prescribed burn planned for Croatan National Forest
- Updated Missing dog creates quite the scramble in Carteret County