FORT MACON, Carteret County - Governor Roy Cooper is scheduled to make an announcement off the coast of Fort Macon Thursday.
Thursday marks the second day of Cooper's Eastern North Carolina tour. He is anticipated to make an announcement concerning offshore drilling.
That event is slated to happen at about 10:30 a.m. at Fort Macon State Park at the Education and Visitors Center, 2303 E Fort Macon Rd, Atlantic Beach, NC 28512.
- Updated Beary Merry Christmas kicks off the holiday season in New Bern
- USO of Onslow County keeps tradition going with Thanksgiving meal
- Fairfield Harbour continues tradition of feeding Marines at Camp Lejeune
- Peaden's Grill helps make Thanksgiving special at one area community center
- Shoppers busy as Black Friday now in full effect