NAGS HEAD, N.C. - Fox News reposted the above photo taken by an Oregon Inlet U.S. Coast Guard member.
The caption reads: "As the winter storm moved in, the U.S. #coastguard took the opportunity to use the rough surf for training off the coast of North Carolina." The Coast Guard posted that the storm "Did not disappoint with her waves!"
At last check, the photo had more than 7,000 likes on the Coast Guard Facebook page.
- Jacksonville celebrates anniversary of ratification of 13th amendment
- N.C. Arts Council to honor 74-year-old musician for years of work
- Officers on paid leave as SBI investigates shooting in Kinston
- Future of local clinic's unique drug addiction treatment program in jeopardy
- ECU student killed in Charlotte car crash