KENANSVILLE, Duplin County - A serious accident in the early morning hours Wednesday left a driver pinned in a vehicle and seriously injured after a collision with a semi-truck.
That person who was pinned, Potter's Hill Fire Department officials say, was taken to Vidant Duplin Hospital in critical condition. The individual was not identified and the driver of the 18-wheeler involved in the crash was not injured.
The accident occurred shortly after 6 a.m. near the intersection of NC 11 and NC 903 in Kenansville. Crews from Sarecta, Alberston and Kenansville all responded as well as Duplin County EMS. The road was closed for more than an hour while the extrication occurred, as well as cleanup from a fuel spill.
- Home invasion leads to struggle, suspect shot at early Friday
- Camp Lejeune job fair teaches students about careers in STEM
- Kinston man arrested and charged with six counts of attempted murder
- Body of missing former Jacksonville PD officer found, woman arrested
- Department of Public Safety increases prison safety measures after fatal incident in Pasquotank