NEW BERN, Craven County - The woman accused of throwing kittens from her car appeared in court Friday morning.
Cecilia Martinez-Ramirez was charged Friday morning with animal cruelty in her first court appearance. A translator was required to read her charges in Spanish. She faces up to 39 months in prison. If found to be an illegal citizen, she could face automatic deportation.
Martinez-Ramirez is accused of throwing three kittens from her car window.
- Greenville man arrested on rape, kidnapping charges
- Jacksonville celebrates anniversary of ratification of 13th amendment
- N.C. Arts Council to honor 74-year-old musician for years of work
- Officers on paid leave as SBI investigates shooting in Kinston
- Future of local clinic's unique drug addiction treatment program in jeopardy