NEW BERN, Craven County - The New Bern Police Department has identified the victims in a shooting that happened over the Memorial Day weekend. One person was killed and two were injured.
NewsChannel 12 learned the identity of the person who was killed in the case Friday afternoon. Katrell Lamont Jones, 22, was killed on May 27 in an early morning shooting near the Flyers 69 Howling Dog Saloon. Two others were wounded and required medical attention, according to the original statement by NBPD on the case.
Friday evening, New Bern Police identified those two as D'nadre Otorio Curmon, 22, and Beonka Renea Smith, 24. Both suffered non-life threatening gunshot wounds.
Jones was a New Bern resident who worked at Moen and was a graduate of Broughton High School in the Raleigh area.
Latitude Church is organizing a prayer walk, slated for 2 p.m. on June 20, as a means of speaking out against violence in the area and Jones' death in particular.
New Bern Police is looking for more information and asks if you know anything to contact them at (252) 633-2020 or contact Crime Stoppers at (252) 633-5141.
- Kinston man arrested and charged with six counts of attempted murder
- BSH Home Appliances expands recall of dishwashers due to fire hazard
- Four inmates charged with murder in Pasquotank failed prison escape
- Body of missing former Jacksonville PD officer found, woman arrested
- Multiple agencies working large crime scene in Craven County