NEW BERN, Craven County - After officers attempted to make a traffic stop in Havelock, a driver took off, causing a chase that ended in downtown New Bern.
Marissa Ann McCaffity, 25, of 210 Ives Street in Havelock was arrested on Friday. The Highway Patrol attempted to stop McCaffity for speeding on US 70 Highway near Catfish Lake Road. McCaffity refused to stop and led officers on a chase through downtown New Bern.
The Craven County Sheriff's Office assisted in stopping McCaffity near the intersection of Walt Bellamy Drive and Liberty Street near the Trent Court community. No injuries were reported and no property damage was reported other than to the suspect's vehicle.
McCaffity is charged with felony fleeing to elude arrest and traffic charges. She is being held in the Craven County Jail under a $5,000 bond. Her first cort appearance is Monday.
- Local man facing slew of child sex offense charges in Duplin Co.
- Havelock man captures careless delivery driver on camera
- Community shop helps local families get Christmas presents on a budget
- Anchored for Life aims to help students with transition to new school
- Camp Lejeune to enforce stricter base entry procedures