NEW BERN, Craven County - First it was alligators and now the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission is adding deer to the ongoing discussion about wildlife management in the state.
The NCWRC was scheduled to hold a public forum at Craven Community College on Wednesday night to get public input on changes to deer hunting season. Similar forums are scheduled for a proposal to allow limited alligator hunting.
The discussion for deer hunting is to extend the hunting season, whereas with alligators, it would be to allow limited hunting of the animals for the first time in nearly four decade in the state.
- USO of Jacksonville gets enough donations just in time for Thanksgiving
- New Beaulaville family struggles with company about fixing heating system
- Girl Scouts say don't make your daughter hug people this holiday
- Havelock's Boys & Girls Club getting holiday makeover
- 'Be a Santa to a Senior' program brings cheer to New Bern seniors