VANCEBORO, Craven County - A new scam is targeting people in Vanceboro.
A male caller with a foreign accent is reportedly calling citizens, claiming to be calling from the Publisher's Clearing House. The caller uses your first and last name and claims you have won a prize. He says all he needs is a bit of your personal information.
The call is from a 415 area code. If you see this number, Vanceboro Police says do not answer the phone.
- Updated Flint water crisis likely the cause of deadly Legionnaires outbreak
- Updated Paul Ryan: I don't want to work with Democrats on health care
- Updated Oxford University to display more portraits of women in bid for diversity
- Updated Putin slams US election meddling claims as 'lies'
- How the Red Sox stadium upgrade revamped Boston neighborhood