VANCEBORO, Craven County - A new scam is targeting people in Vanceboro.
A male caller with a foreign accent is reportedly calling citizens, claiming to be calling from the Publisher's Clearing House. The caller uses your first and last name and claims you have won a prize. He says all he needs is a bit of your personal information.
The call is from a 415 area code. If you see this number, Vanceboro Police says do not answer the phone.
- Updated Pentagon sends ISIS options to White House
- Updated South Korea's THAAD missile defense system gets land swap approval
- Updated Warren Buffett: Red-hot market not in a bubble, still looks 'cheap'
- Updated Transgender boy wins girls' wrestling championship in Texas
- Updated Academy Awards kills off wrong person