VANCEBORO, Craven County - A new scam is targeting people in Vanceboro.
A male caller with a foreign accent is reportedly calling citizens, claiming to be calling from the Publisher's Clearing House. The caller uses your first and last name and claims you have won a prize. He says all he needs is a bit of your personal information.
The call is from a 415 area code. If you see this number, Vanceboro Police says do not answer the phone.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend