COVE CITY, Craven County - A Cove City man is charged with the larceny of two vehicles from that area, including a church van, authorities say.
The Craven County Sheriff's Office reports Geoffrey Whaley, 30, of Cove City, was charged with two counts of felony larceny of a motor vehicle. He was booked into the Craven County Jail as is set to appear in Craven County Superior Court on Friday.
The charges stem from two motor vehicles thefts that occurred on Tuesday. According to CCSO Investigative Sgt. Mike Sawyer, deputies responded to the Core Creek Baptist Church for reports of a stolen 2016 Ford church van. It was later located in a ditch near the intersection of Old US 70 and Dry Monia Road.
During that investigation, deputies were alerted by a resident off Dry Monia Road that his 2005 Ford Ranger was stolen. Deputies searched the area, finding the truck in a ditch near the intersection of NC 55 and Dry Monia Road.
- Home invasion leads to struggle, suspect shot at early Friday
- Camp Lejeune job fair teaches students about careers in STEM
- Kinston man arrested and charged with six counts of attempted murder
- Body of missing former Jacksonville PD officer found, woman arrested
- Department of Public Safety increases prison safety measures after fatal incident in Pasquotank