HAVELOCK, Craven County - Following renovations, the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission is reopening the Hancock Creek boating access area in Havelock.
Located at 1100 Cahooque Creek Road, the boating access area provides access to the Neuse River, featuring a 15-foot wide concrete boa ramp and a 60-foot floating dock. The gravel parking area includes 26 spaces for vehicles and trailers, plus 11 spaces for single cars.
In addition, construction on a new public fishing pier for Hancock Creek is set to begin this fall.
Hancock Creek gives anglers some great fishing opportunities,” said Ben Ricks, the Commission’s district fisheries biologist. “Boaters can expect to catch a wide variety of species such as sunfish, striped bass, flounder, red drum and largemouth bass.”
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend