HAVELOCK, Craven County - Following renovations, the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission is reopening the Hancock Creek boating access area in Havelock.
Located at 1100 Cahooque Creek Road, the boating access area provides access to the Neuse River, featuring a 15-foot wide concrete boa ramp and a 60-foot floating dock. The gravel parking area includes 26 spaces for vehicles and trailers, plus 11 spaces for single cars.
In addition, construction on a new public fishing pier for Hancock Creek is set to begin this fall.
Hancock Creek gives anglers some great fishing opportunities,” said Ben Ricks, the Commission’s district fisheries biologist. “Boaters can expect to catch a wide variety of species such as sunfish, striped bass, flounder, red drum and largemouth bass.”
- Updated New Bern library packed at chance to get eclipse glasses, learn about astronomy
- How to make your own solar eclipse pinhole projector
- Local students get back-to-school boost from Greenville PD, Academy Sports
- New Bern golf program seeking public's help for funds
- Finding solar eclipse glasses in Onslow County, elsewhere isn't easy