VANCEBORO, Craven County - The Craven County Sheriff's Office announced the arrest of a man who deputies said had heroin and cocaine, among other drug paraphernalia, in his possession.
William Glen Roundtre, 33, was arrested by deputies with the Craven County Sheriff's Office as a result of an ongoing investigation into heroin distribution in the Vanceboro area. Also known as "Roy" and "Tree," Roundtree was arrested at a traffic stop by sheriff's invesigators and agents from North Carolina Probation and Parole.
Roundtree had more than 30 grams of heroin, more than 70 grams of cocaine, more than 20 grams of crack cocaine, oxycodone pills and suboxone strips in his possession at the time of his arrest.
The Vanceboro native was charged with felony level 3 trafficking heroin, felony level 1 trafficking cocaine, felony possession with intent to manufacture/sell/deliver schedule II controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Roundtree was placed in the Craven County Jail under a $1.2 million dollar bond.
- Organization pays holiday travel expenses for Purple Heart recipients
- Greenville Police distribute 100 meals to needy families in area
- Rape suspect arrested after two months on the run
- Missing dog creates quite the scramble in Carteret County
- Updated 500-acre prescribed burn planned for Croatan National Forest