HAVELOCK, Craven County - Craven County commissioners are voting on a lease for building that will serve as a new health department medical facility in Havelock.
The proposed site of this center is in the Westbrook Shopping Plaze off Hwy. 70 west near the Planet Fitness. The facility will cater to the uninsured,under insured and those on Medicaid.
According to county commissioners, the Craven County health director got permission to apply for a grant that will cover the operating expenses of the medical facility. He has since been granted $650,000 a year for three years.
If the leasing agreement is approved, the landlord of the building will start renovations right away. The renovations are expected to take about four months.
- Updated Flint water crisis likely the cause of deadly Legionnaires outbreak
- Updated Paul Ryan: I don't want to work with Democrats on health care
- Updated Oxford University to display more portraits of women in bid for diversity
- Updated Putin slams US election meddling claims as 'lies'
- How the Red Sox stadium upgrade revamped Boston neighborhood