HAVELOCK, Craven County - Craven County commissioners are voting on a lease for building that will serve as a new health department medical facility in Havelock.
The proposed site of this center is in the Westbrook Shopping Plaze off Hwy. 70 west near the Planet Fitness. The facility will cater to the uninsured,under insured and those on Medicaid.
According to county commissioners, the Craven County health director got permission to apply for a grant that will cover the operating expenses of the medical facility. He has since been granted $650,000 a year for three years.
If the leasing agreement is approved, the landlord of the building will start renovations right away. The renovations are expected to take about four months.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend