NEW BERN, Craven County - A Cove City woman was arrested after she led Craven County deputies on a chase in a stolen car.
Kimberly Brooke Petteway, 27, of 130 Turkey Quarter Creek Road in Cove City was arrested on Monday after she led deputies on a car chase. Deputies tried to stop her on US Hwy. 70 East near Tuscarora Rhems Road but she refused to stop, which led to the chase.
Petteway lost control of the vehicle and wrecked. No injuries were reported but damage was done to the stolen vehicle, stop sign and a deputy's vehicle.
Petteway was charged with felony fleeing to elude arrest, felony larceny of a motor vehicle, felony possession of stolen motor vehicle, felony possession of heroin, possession of drug paraphernalia and numerous traffic offenses. She was being held in the Craven County Jail under a $100,000 secured bond.
- USO of Jacksonville gets enough donations just in time for Thanksgiving
- Beaulaville family struggles with company about fixing heating system
- Girl Scouts say don't make your daughter hug people this holiday
- Havelock's Boys & Girls Club getting holiday makeover
- 'Be a Santa to a Senior' program brings cheer to New Bern seniors