CRAVEN COUNTY - Two accused armed robbers from Bayboro are behind bars after being arrested early Tuesday morning.
Craven County Sheriff's Office Investigative Sgt. Mike Sawyer said Demetrius Barber, 27, and Wakkisha Barnett, 44, were arrested Tuesday on multiple felony charges, including first degree burglary, robbery with a dangerous weapon, 2nd degree kidnapping and possession with intent to sell or deliver marijuana.
They are both being held at the Craven County Jail on $1 million bond and will make their first appearances in court Tuesday.
The charges stem from an armed robbery that occurred along Delwood Lane just north of New Bern. Sawyer said the while deputies were en route to the scene, the suspect vehicle was seen on Washington Post Road. Barber and Barnett were in the vehicle along with items said to have been taken during the robbery.
- Sneads Ferry residents answer call to help for Christmas
- Updated Members of ECU basketball team visit Vidant children's hospital
- Local father charged with death of 9-month old daughter
- Organization pays holiday travel expenses for Purple Heart recipients
- Greenville Police distribute 100 meals to needy families in area