NEW BERN, Craven County - Officials were working on clearing an incident on Highway 70 that resulted in a slight traffic jam Thursday afternoon.
A crew for NewsChannel 12 that was on the scene reports the incident happened around 1 p.m. on US Hwy 70 West on the Clarks Road exit. A trooper with the N.C. Highway Patrol said the truck was the only vehicle in the accident. There were no injuries.
The trooper said the truck was carrying scrap metal and some crushed up automobiles from a salvage yard to a recycle center. It attempted to turn left onto Hwy. 70 West and tipped over on the entrance ramp. The trooper said the load was top heavy and turned over as the trucker attempted to make the exit.
- Local man facing slew of child sex offense charges in Duplin Co.
- Havelock man captures careless delivery driver on camera
- Community shop helps local families get Christmas presents on a budget
- Anchored for Life aims to help students with transition to new school
- Camp Lejeune to enforce stricter base entry procedures