BEAUFORT, Carteret County - A 16-month-old boy drowned in Beaufort Wednesday night.
The Beaufort Police Department responded to a call at 7 p.m. Wednesday at a home at 225 Rutledge Ave., in response to a drowning call. Life saving measures were started and the child was transported to Carteret Health Care where he was pronounced dead.
The Department of Social Services was contacted per standard procedure, but BPD did not indicate whether any criminal conduct was involved.
- USO of Jacksonville gets enough donations just in time for Thanksgiving
- New Beaulaville family struggles with company about fixing heating system
- Girl Scouts say don't make your daughter hug people this holiday
- Havelock's Boys & Girls Club getting holiday makeover
- 'Be a Santa to a Senior' program brings cheer to New Bern seniors