BEAUFORT, Carteret County - Cedar Street was blocked at the drawbridge in Beaufort due to an accident that has knocked down several power poles, Town of Beaufort officials said Tuesday.
The accident was reported in the 4 p.m. hour and town spokesperson Rachel Johnson said it would be several hours before the road could reopen.
At 6:10 p.m., traffic was open on one lane in each direction. Both lanes were expected to reopen around 8 p.m. No injuries were reported, according to Johnson.
- USO of Jacksonville gets enough donations just in time for Thanksgiving
- Beaulaville family struggles with company about fixing heating system
- Girl Scouts say don't make your daughter hug people this holiday
- Havelock's Boys & Girls Club getting holiday makeover
- 'Be a Santa to a Senior' program brings cheer to New Bern seniors