MOREHEAD CITY, Carteret County - Tornadoes or Hurricanes? Snow or thunderstorms? Now, you get to decide.
The National Weather Service in Morehead City has put its own spin on the NCAA Tournament, March Madness and filling out brackets. The organization has started the first NWS Morehead Weather Mayhem Contest.
In a post on its Facebook and Twitter pages, a bracket has been released where you get to pick which weather event impacts Eastern North Carolina the most. Individual rounds have been set up and there was even a play-in game Wednesday night pitting Dew/Frost against Wildfires. The winner of that matchup will be the No. 8 seed on the right side of the bracket and go up against a powerhouse No. 1 -- hurricanes.
The official "tournament" begins Thursday, just like the NCAA men's basketball tournament.
Go to the NWS Morehead City Facebook page and vote in each contest. The individual match-ups will be posted where you can vote. The bracket will be updated with results throughout the "tournament" until a champion is crowned.
Click on the image below to print and fill out your own bracket.
- USO of Onslow County keeps tradition going with Thanksgiving meal
- Fairfield Harbour continues tradition of feeding Marines at Camp Lejeune
- Peaden's Grill helps make Thanksgiving special at one area community center
- Shoppers busy as Black Friday now in full effect
- New Bern woman shares story to remind people to pay attention while shopping