MOREHEAD CITY, Carteret County - The Carteret County Public School System will dismiss students and staff three hours early Tuesday. Carteret Community College also announced it will close early.
This decision for both is based on the weather predictions from NOAA and in conjunction with the County Emergency Management Office. Predictions indicate there will be winds and light rain Tuesday morning and then the winds will pick up substantially in the late afternoon.
With a three hour early release tomorrow, Carteret County Public Schools students will be home before the high winds start, which will likely lead to water on roads and over wash.
"Carteret County is a very geographically unique county and there will be excessively high water in the usually low lying spots," a school representative said in a press release. "Please use caution when driving."
CCC will close at 5 p.m. Any classes that meet prior to 5 p.m. will end then. All other classes are closed, according to a school official. A decision regarding Wednesday's schedule will be announced Wednesday by 6 a.m., officials said.
- Local man facing slew of child sex offense charges in Duplin Co.
- Anchored for Life aims to help students with transition to new school
- Community shop helps local families get Christmas presents on a budget
- Camp Lejeune to enforce stricter base entry procedures
- Man wanted in shooting in Pink Hill turns himself in