EMERALD ISLE, Carteret County - A fire burned an Emerald Isle home early Tuesday and crews are still on the scene.
The fire was reported at about 2 a.m. Tuesday at a home on Sandbur Drive in Emerald Isle, according to an official with the Emerald Isle Fire Department.
We're told the family wasn't home at the time. Investigators say they are on vacation. There were no injuries reported.
The home appeared to be a total loss. Firefighters continued to stay on scene to investigate the cause.
- Updated Pentagon releases data on sex assault reports made at military installations
- Updated Celebrities lash out at Trump administration over reversing ban on elephant trophies
- Local health department receives grant to purchase car seats for families in need
- Heroin dealer convicted of manslaughter after overdose death
- New Bern WWII Vet, 3 Others to Get Honor from France