MOREHEAD CITY, Carteret County - More than five months after it sank nearly 400 miles north of the Dominican Republic, the 57-foot catamaran "Leopard" was discovered off the coast of Eastern North Carolina near Morehead City on Wednesday.
Water service company Sea Tow was called on to bring in the capsized boat into dock by Thursday evening. The boat was located about 25 miles off the coast at around 6:30 a.m. The process began Wednesday afternoon but was halted then due to strong winds.
A crane at the state port will eventually be used to flip it right-side up.
The three crew members who were aboard the Leopard on Nov. 21 when a freak storm caused it to capsize were all rescued in good health.
- ECU student killed in Charlotte car crash
- Updated Officers on paid leave as SBI investigates shooting in Kinston
- Updated Future of local clinic's unique drug addiction treatment program in jeopardy
- Greenville man facing numerous drug trafficking charges makes first appearance
- Medical examiner: Teen found dead in Falls Lake drowned, had drugs in system