WINDSOR, Bertie County - A suspect in an armed robbery has been arrested.
Tyquan Jaquavious Lee, 19, who lives at 722 Ghent St. in Windsor, was arrested Sunday. Officials with the Bertie County Sheriff's Office said he is in the Bertie Martin Regional Jail under a $100,000 bond. His first court appearance is Wednesday.
In a press release, Bertie County Sheriff John Holley said units were dispatched on Sept. 26 to the 101 Business Center on US Hwy. 13-17 South in Windsor for a call of an armed robbery. Witnesses said a black male came into the sweepstakes business, pulled a gun on a worker and demanded they give him all of their money. Officials said he also struck the woman in the face with his weapon.
- 500-acre prescribed burn planned for Croatan National Forest
- Local man facing slew of child sex offense charges in Duplin Co.
- Havelock man captures careless delivery driver on camera
- Community shop helps local families get Christmas presents on a budget
- Anchored for Life aims to help students with transition to new school