WASHINGTON, Beaufort County - A Washington woman is in jail on a $150,000 bond, accused of trafficking opiates, authorities said.
The Beaufort County Sheriff's Office says it arrested 30-year-old Pamela Sue Koonce on June 21, charging her with four counts of trafficking in opiates and two counts of possession with the intent to sell and deliver oxycodone - a schedule II controlled substance. Koonce was already on probation for a prior conviction for purchasing a methamphetamine precursor.
Her arrest resulted from undercover officers conducting purchases of oxycodone and hydrocodone from Koonce.
- New Bern woman shares story to remind people to pay attention while shopping
- Shootout at Cross Creek Mall in Fayetteville started with fight captured on video, 3 injured
- Quintuplets spread 'Quintmas' cheer with adorable Christmas photos
- Man who lost nose, mouth describes vicious bear attack
- Updated Loss of the night: Global light pollution rising rapidly