BELHAVEN, Beaufort County -
On September 27, Investigators with the Beaufort County Sheriff's Office Drug Unit arrested 38-year-old Charles Alexander of 469 Tooley Street in Belhaven.
Martin was charged with four counts of Trafficking in Opium, two counts of Possession with Intent to Sell and Deliver Marijuana, Possession with Intent to Sell and Deliver Oxycodone a Schedule II Controlled Substance, Maintaining a Vehicle used for Keeping and Selling a Controlled Substance and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia.
Martin's arrest stemmed from Investigators obtaining arrest warrants on Martin after making purchases of Oxycodone pain pills and Marijuana from Martin. Investigators witnessed Martin driving a vehicle and conducted a traffic stop to serve arrest warrants on Martin.
K-9 Elza alerted on the vehicle and Investigators conducted a search. Investigators found marijuana packaged for resale, digital scales and plastic bags used to package marijuana inside the vehicle. Investigators found a plastic bag containing Oxycodone pills hidden in Martin's sock.
Martin was confined in the Beaufort County Detention Center under a $75,000.00 secured bond.
- Updated Organization pays holiday travel expenses for Purple Heart recipients
- Updated Greenville Police distribute 100 meals to needy families in area
- Rape suspect arrested after two months on the run
- 500-acre prescribed burn planned for Croatan National Forest
- Updated Missing dog creates quite the scramble in Carteret County