GREENVILLE, Pitt County - A 9-year-old girl died following a head-on crash in Greenville.
Troopers with N.C. Highway Patrol said Ran'Davia Purvis died Sunday at Vidant Medical Center, one day after the accident.
On Saturday, the girl's mother was driving on Mumford Road East when she was hit head on by a pick-up truck. The mother was also taken to the hospital. Officials said 67-year-old John Radford was behind the wheel. He is charged with misdemeanor death by motor vehicle.
Troopers said Radford veered into oncoming traffic after a car in front of him slowed down.
- Greenville man arrested on rape, kidnapping charges
- Jacksonville celebrates anniversary of ratification of 13th amendment
- N.C. Arts Council to honor 74-year-old musician for years of work
- Officers on paid leave as SBI investigates shooting in Kinston
- Future of local clinic's unique drug addiction treatment program in jeopardy