WHITAKERS, Edgecombe County - A 17-year-old male was arrested after he allegedly sexually assaulted a five-year-old female.
On September 26, the Edgecombe County Sheriff’s Office received a report of a five-year-old girl that had been sexual assaulted.
After an investigation, police determined that she had been raped and also forced to perform a sexual act with the suspect.
The female was taken for a forensic interview to determine what had happened, officials said in a press release.
On November 8, police obtained warrants warrants on Ricky C. Shadding III, the 17-year-old suspect.
Shadding III was arrested on November 8 and charged with the following crimes: first degree statutory rape of a child under the age of 13 and first degree sex offense of a child under 13.
He was placed into the Edgecombe County Detention Center under a $50,000 secured bond.
- Updated 500-acre prescribed burn planned for Croatan National Forest
- Local man facing slew of child sex offense charges in Duplin Co.
- Havelock man captures careless delivery driver on camera
- Community shop helps local families get Christmas presents on a budget
- Anchored for Life aims to help students with transition to new school