NEW BERN, CRAVEN COUNTY - The owner of iFixNC on Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard has been the victim of three break-ins over the past 14 months.
The latest happened early Sunday morning. The criminal broke the glass to the store's front door, climbed in and made his way inside.
The criminal attempted to break open the glass display case that had cell phones inside, however, he was unsuccessful.
"We just want to put a stop to it," said owner Beau Dorsey. "There's no reason people need to be stealing, its something that you were taught as a kid."
The owner believes the person who broke in was someone who'd been in the store before. He says that was the case in the two previous break-ins, where arrests were made. After these break-ins, Dorsey installed security cameras and an alarm system.
It was those security measures Dorsey believes was the reason the criminal was unsuccessful to get any of the store's merchandise this time around.
"It's just frustrating to have to deal with this," Dorsey said.
The store is offering a five-hundred dollar award to anyone who can identify the man in the surveillance video. You can contact New Bern Police or give the store a call at (252) 514-4349.
- New Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- Greenville Hilton earns accolades thanks to guest satisfaction
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County
- Lenoir County Sheriff's Office loses K-9 to medical issue
- Documents: Man tried to bite flight attendant before jumping out of plane in Charlotte