GREENVILLE - Pitt County Sheriff Neil Elks along with Greenville Police Chief, Hassan Aden were preparing to address the community after a string of equipment theft was reported across several surrounding counties.
Thursday at 12 p.m. law enforcement from more than 16 jurisdictions will gather for a news conference. The conference was being held at the Pitt County Sheriff's Office.
According to a release out of Pitt County, the case involves so many jurisdictions all agencies that have been part of this case are invited to attend. It took 16 cooperative jurisdictions to come together to bring this case to the point it is now.
The recovered equipment totaled more than $1,000,000,000.
The agencies/counties victimized by the theft include the following:
- New Havelock PD seeks person of interest in club stabbing
- New Seven Springs man ends up in ICU after fight with detention officers
- Suspects in animal cruelty case to appear in court Monday
- National Boat Safety Week encourages safety in the water
- Pitt County NAACP to hold meeting to discuss families, mental health