WASHINGTON, BEAUFORT COUNTY - A Washington internet cafe was robbed while it was open for business in Beaufort County, according to police.
Washington police confirm the incident was reported at about 9:40 p.m. Wednesday at the Pamlico Internet Cafe.
The suspect made off with an unknown amount of cash and was potentially armed with some type of unknown weapon, said officials.
Authorities confirm the 911 call came in as an "armed robbery" but officials were not able to confirm if the suspect had a gun.
At last check with police, they were looking at surveillance video to get a good description of the suspect.
We were told more information should be released later Thursday.
- Carteret Co. Sheriff's Office investigating murder-suicide
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County