MOREHEAD CITY, CARTERET COUNTY - A pair of Morehead City women have won $10,000 on the Food Network show "Cupcake Wars."
Kaylee Diaz and her mother-in-law, Angela, operate Happycakes Cupcakery. They run the business online and bake all of their cupcakes in their home.
Kaylee and Angela competed on "Cupcake Wars" in June- and won. But they weren't allowed to tell their family and friends until the episode aired Saturday night. The duo hosted a viewing party to share the good news with loved ones.
The women beat out three other teams using challenging ingredients, and raced against the clock to nab the grand prize.
Kaylee and Angela said they opened their business specifically to compete on the show and win. They met their goal less than a year after opening.
Kaylee and Angela are currently seeking a storefront in Morehead City. CLICK HERE to visit the Happycakes Cupcakery website.
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Nate Parker on 'toxic masculinity,' consent and 'male privilege'
- Updated Chocowinity town commissioner arrested for allegedly assaulting a female
- Legendary Watermelon Festival continues today