An Onslow County deputy resigned amid drug-related charges, investigators said.
Joseph M. Karaszewski was charged with five counts of obtaining drugs by prescription, and was placed in jail under a $10,000 unsecured bond, authorities said.
On Jan. 10, agents with the State Bureau of Investigation arrived at the Onslow County Sheriff's Office, to look into alleged doctor shopping by Karaszewski. After meeting with the agents, Karaszewki announced he was facing drug charges, and would resign as an Onslow County deputy, investigators said.
No other details on the case was released.
- Updated On Mexico trip, Trump leaves press stranded
- Updated Supreme Court refuses to restore voter ID, reduce early voting days
- Updated Infantry training building aboard Camp Geiger named for fallen Marine
- Updated Lara Trump visits Eastern North Carolina to support father in law
- Updated Preparations for first ECU home game underway