PITT COUNTY - Greenville Utilities Company workers and other companies arrived back home from Connecticut Friday. They spent a week helping restore power and cleaning up downed trees from Superstorm Sandy.
The crews left for Waterford, Connecticut on October 30th. The teams consisted of 36 GUC employees, four Asplundh Tree Service employees and eight employees from the City of Kinston.
We will have more on the workers' efforts to help the storm victims tonight on NewsChannel 12 at 11 p.m.
- Tornado watch issued for most of North Carolina
- Updated Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms
- Updated Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Demolition date set for old New Bern Days Inn