PITT COUNTY - Greenville Utilities Company workers and other companies arrived back home from Connecticut Friday. They spent a week helping restore power and cleaning up downed trees from Superstorm Sandy.
The crews left for Waterford, Connecticut on October 30th. The teams consisted of 36 GUC employees, four Asplundh Tree Service employees and eight employees from the City of Kinston.
We will have more on the workers' efforts to help the storm victims tonight on NewsChannel 12 at 11 p.m.
- New Rousseff's impeachment trial opens in Brazil
- Updated Navy surprises ailing WWII veteran at his home
- Updated Here's what happened to AIDS drug that spiked 5,000%
- Accused Pitt Co. murder suspect officially charged with murder of three children
- Greenville Fire & Rescue classifies overnight fire as intentional