NEW BERN - Couples around the country exchanged wedding vows on 12.12.12, including those in Eastern North Carolina.
Carl and Jennifer Elks of Beaufort County tied the knot at the Tryon Palace in New Bern Wednesday night. The couple had been dating for almost eight years, and finally made wedding plans official last Christmas. Carl Elks, the groom, said it was his decision to marry on December 12th.
"It was going to be a special day and I told her it was something I would never forget."
With the numbers aligning, the couple is hoping for a lifelong marriage.
"I'll spend the rest of my life with her. This is til death do us part."
- Updated Residents concerned wrecks at local intersection will only get worse
- Updated House Dems to FBI: Probe alleged Trump-Russian ties
- Updated Trump announces surprise meeting with Mexican president
- Death of senior leader al-Adnani caps bad month for ISIS
- Ryan Lochte's new endorsement deal is for crime prevention device