CRAVEN AND PITT COUNTIES - Cynthia Marquez, 48, was sentenced to 20 years in prison for conspiracy to sell drugs and money laundering.
Marquez, from Grifton, was sentenced on Monday in federal court.
She pleaded guilty in 2011.
Investigators said she bought 2 kilograms of cocaine during a sting conducted by the Pitt County Sheriff's Office, Greenville Police Department and the SBI.
Officials said she previously distributed 67 kilograms of cocaine from 2010 to 2012.
Investigators said Marquez laundered drug proceeds through her businesses, including Joyeria Perez Jewelry in Greenville and her real estate business.
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal
- Demolition date set for old New Bern Days Inn
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms