GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - U.S. Senator Kay Hagan (D-N.C.) announced Wednesday that a local airport will receive a multimillion-dollar federal grant.
According to a release from Hagan's office, the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration will award a $3.5 million grant to the Pitt-Greenville Regional Airport Authority. The money will be used to improve the runway and enhance safety.
"This grant will make the Pitt-Greenville Airport a safer place for travelers and workers," said Sen. Hagan. "It is critically important that we continue to invest in infrastructure such as our local airports that both boost the North Carolina economy and employ many North Carolinians."
- Updated How Syrian activists use WhatsApp to tell the world their stories
- Investigators: MH17 shot down by Buk missile brought in from Russia
- Billionaire: Chinese real estate is 'biggest bubble in history'
- Controversial 3-parent baby technique produces a boy
- Government workers banned from entering NC due to House Bill 2