GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - U.S. Senator Kay Hagan (D-N.C.) announced Wednesday that a local airport will receive a multimillion-dollar federal grant.
According to a release from Hagan's office, the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration will award a $3.5 million grant to the Pitt-Greenville Regional Airport Authority. The money will be used to improve the runway and enhance safety.
"This grant will make the Pitt-Greenville Airport a safer place for travelers and workers," said Sen. Hagan. "It is critically important that we continue to invest in infrastructure such as our local airports that both boost the North Carolina economy and employ many North Carolinians."
- New Havelock PD seeks person of interest in club stabbing
- New Seven Springs man ends up in ICU after fight with detention officers
- Updated Suspects in animal cruelty case to appear in court Monday
- National Boat Safety Week encourages safety in the water
- Pitt County NAACP to hold meeting to discuss families, mental health