GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - U.S. Senator Kay Hagan (D-N.C.) announced Wednesday that a local airport will receive a multimillion-dollar federal grant.
According to a release from Hagan's office, the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration will award a $3.5 million grant to the Pitt-Greenville Regional Airport Authority. The money will be used to improve the runway and enhance safety.
"This grant will make the Pitt-Greenville Airport a safer place for travelers and workers," said Sen. Hagan. "It is critically important that we continue to invest in infrastructure such as our local airports that both boost the North Carolina economy and employ many North Carolinians."
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Amid Zika fears, Florida theme parks offer mosquito repellent
- New Vandemere Waterfront Park reopens five years after Hurricane Irene destruction
- Stand Up Outfitters 5th annual Colonial paddle board race