Four people were arrested for allegedly having loaded assault rifles, marijuana and drug paraphernalia in their SUV, Kinston Police said.
Kelvin Cortez Rogers, 19, Tysheem Mills, 17, Demarea Parker, 25, and Marquis Bizzell, 19 were pulled over at about 1:08 a.m. Sunday, on J.P. Harrison Boulevard, near Highway 11 in Kinston, said Woody Spencer of the Kinston Police Department.
During the stop, officers seized three assault rifles, all loaded with high-capacity magazines, as well as marijuana and drug paraphernalia, Spencer said. The suspects' SUV was also seized.
Rogers and Mills were each charged with carrying a concealed weapon, simple possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of drug paraphernalia. They were each placed into the Lenoir County Jail on a $6,000 secured bond.
Parker and Bizzell were each charged with Felony Possession of a Firearm, Carrying a Concealed Weapon, Simple Possession of Marijuana and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia. They were each placed into the Lenoir County Jail on a $56,000 secured bond.
- Updated Defenseless internet 'paying the price' for ignoring security
- Updated Trump: I'd 'love' to fight Biden
- Updated Trump campaign manager: We are vetting people for Trump's cabinet
- Updated Posting ballot selfies: Personal choice or illegal act?
- Trayvon Martin unmentioned as Trump talks of blacks getting shot in the city he died in