Four people were arrested for allegedly having loaded assault rifles, marijuana and drug paraphernalia in their SUV, Kinston Police said.
Kelvin Cortez Rogers, 19, Tysheem Mills, 17, Demarea Parker, 25, and Marquis Bizzell, 19 were pulled over at about 1:08 a.m. Sunday, on J.P. Harrison Boulevard, near Highway 11 in Kinston, said Woody Spencer of the Kinston Police Department.
During the stop, officers seized three assault rifles, all loaded with high-capacity magazines, as well as marijuana and drug paraphernalia, Spencer said. The suspects' SUV was also seized.
Rogers and Mills were each charged with carrying a concealed weapon, simple possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of drug paraphernalia. They were each placed into the Lenoir County Jail on a $6,000 secured bond.
Parker and Bizzell were each charged with Felony Possession of a Firearm, Carrying a Concealed Weapon, Simple Possession of Marijuana and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia. They were each placed into the Lenoir County Jail on a $56,000 secured bond.
- Tornado watch for most of Eastern NC canceled
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal