It had been an annual tradition for the past seven years: members of the Brices Creek Bible Church in Craven County acting in live nativity scenes. The elaborate performances took place this week, and drew as many as 8,000 visitors, according to church members.
The live nativity displays, along Highway 70, were featured on six stages. Three cars could park in front of each stage at a time to view a two-minute live performance of the birth of Jesus. The route through the six stages was lined with candles.
The nativity displays took place from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on Dec. 10 to 14, and required about 25 actors to pull off. Real animals were also used in the performances. Click on the video above to see highlights.
- Updated 10,000 stinging wasps make colossal nest in English country house
- Updated Jury finds second suspect guilty of triple murder at Farmville store
- Updated 7 Memorable Presidential Debate Moments
- Updated Police: Man arrested and charged 29 years after alleged rape
- Clinton and Trump: Who's on the debate guest list