CRAVEN COUNTY - A lightning strike started a small fire Saturday at a Craven County home.
It happened on the 100 block of Cherry Branch Drive, near Harlowe, according to fire officials.
Fire crews got the call at about 3:45 p.m.
Officials say the fire was contained to the attic.
No one was hurt.
- Tornado watch issued for most of North Carolina
- Updated Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms
- Updated Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Demolition date set for old New Bern Days Inn