LENOIR COUNTY - Investigators are searching for two men who robbed the BP Hasty Mart on US 70 West near LaGrange on Saturday.
Deputies say around 10:40 p.m. on June 14, two males held a convenience store clerk and customer at gunpoint.
One of the men told the clerk to put money in a paper bag.
"I'm looking at a barrel, not knowing if this man is going to shoot me or not," the clerk said. "I'm one of the strongest persons you'll ever want to meet but they brought me down Saturday night, they scared me."
Investigators say after the robbers got the money, they ran on foot towards Jim Sutton road, and then took off in a car.
The two suspects are reported to be black males in their 30's, last scene wearing blue and white bandannas and hoodies.
No injuries were reported in the robbery.
Sheriff Chris Hill says this is the first armed robbery the county has seen since Christmas.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Lenoir County Sheriff's Office at 252-559-6140, or using ETIPS on the Lenoir County Sheriff's Office website.
- Updated Beauty school abruptly closes all 79 campuses
- Updated Come show your support at "Get Your Pink On" in New Bern
- New Woman charged with fatally shooting husband is expected in court
- Sewer repairs prompt partial road closure in Jacksonville
- Gary Johnson struggles to name a world leader he respects