KINSTON - Lenoir County deputies have arrested a teenager they say broke into a home and stole several items.
Eighteen-year-old Chandler Smith faces charges including second degree burglary and larceny after breaking and entering.
Sheriff Chris Hill says his officers arrested Smith near Green Acres Mobile Home Park.
A man reported two people running from his home when he arrived there about 1:00 a.m. on Wednesday.
The suspects allegedly ransacked the home, taking a rifle, ammo, and electronics-- 17 items in all.
The search for the second suspect continues.
- Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall arrives in Morehead City
- NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- New State natural, cultural sites and military discounts for Memorial Day