KINSTON - Lenoir County deputies have arrested a teenager they say broke into a home and stole several items.
Eighteen-year-old Chandler Smith faces charges including second degree burglary and larceny after breaking and entering.
Sheriff Chris Hill says his officers arrested Smith near Green Acres Mobile Home Park.
A man reported two people running from his home when he arrived there about 1:00 a.m. on Wednesday.
The suspects allegedly ransacked the home, taking a rifle, ammo, and electronics-- 17 items in all.
The search for the second suspect continues.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- A state politician voicing concerns over the Whitewater Center reopening following amoeba death
- Syria barrel bomb attack: At least 16 killed at wake in Aleppo