KINSTON, LENOIR COUNTY - Former University of North Carolina and current New York Jets defensive end (or linebacker depending on the formation), Quinton Coples celebrates his third annual festive weekend, in his hometown of Kinston.
"Coples Community Weekend" kicked off his weekend Friday in an opening banquet and auction at the Woodman Center (on West Vernon Avenue) to benefit the remodeling of the Martin C. Freeman Center gymnasium in Kinston. the weekend continues Saturday (8:30 a.m-12 p.m. at Kinston High School) with the QC football camp. At the Teachers Memorial Gym (from 9 a.m.-3 p.m) there will be a 5-on-5 basketball tournament. Saturday night will round out with the New Bern vs. Kinston All-Star Game at Kinston High School (7 p.m.).
Sunday will round out the weekend with the Coples Community Cookout. The event will be held at The Southeast Elementary School (12 p.m.- 5 p.m.).
Confirmed guests for the weekend include NFL stars Jacquan Jarrett, Muhammad Wilkerson, Sheldon Richardson, Damon Harrison, Vonta Leach and Kevin Reddick.
You can learn more about this event at Qcoples.com
- Body found along side of road in Jacksonville
- New Cops and Barbers works to bridge gap between GPD, community
- Updated Law enforcement investigating deputy-involved shooting in Ayden
- Chocowinity soldier killed in action to be honored in NASCAR race
- Updated Tornado touches down in Sampson Co., warnings issued elsewhere